Join the Team
If you would like to join our ever expanding team, please complete our applictation form and return it to us @ email@example.com
Dog Walker position overview
We currently operate in and around the Halifax area but are planning to expand to further areas, so you must be willing to travel and you must also have your own transport and a full clean driving licence. In addition, you must have internet access as you will be required to access your calendar daily and send daily photos to us of your dogs enjoying themselves.
We are looking for self motivated individuals who are previous or present dog owners, you must also be willing to obtain a DBS check (formerly known as a CRB) with the ability to organise your day according to work load. In return we offer an attractive pay scheme and 28 days holiday pay per year, the successful candidate must be available between 11am and 2pm Monday - Friday with extra hours available.
- Walking hours are usually Monday to Friday, one hour long walk with collection and drop off round the walk. Some walkers do two walks and most walks are between 11am and 2pm, there are some clients require out of hours walks though if you want extra money.
- Yes, we try to keep walkers as close to their home as possible, however if there are no dogs available near you, we try to ensure all your dogs you are walking are as close as possible to each other.
- As with all businesses, you must not smoke around the dogs or in any vehicle you will be transporting them in.
- No, this is incorporated in your wage.
- Occasionally we have dog walks or pet visits to do on a Saturday and Sunday, it is not compulsory but optional.
- Definitely, as long as they are social, however you can only walk 4 dogs at a time after your probation period, during which you can only walk two dogs at a time unless there are more from one family.
- You will be reimbursed after your probation period.
- You get paid per dog and overtime on an evening and weekend.
- Average income is around £300 - £500 pcm however more can be earned by working evenings and weekends.
- No, the dogs must be walked for the full hour.
- All walkers must be available Monday to Friday.
- No, you must have previous experience with dogs, however, support will be available and coaching will be given.
- Yes, you will receive a generous rewards package for bringing new custom to the business.
- You will have access to an online calendar and you must check your calendar around 9am in a morning for the days schedule.